+44 (0)1983 873415

Our Services


In addition to our comprehensive range of Aggregate and Material Solutions, at H.J. Bennett we provide a range of specialist services. These include: crushing and screening, road haulage, ‘muck-away’ or building waste removal and specialist haulage services across the Isle of Wight.
  
Building Waste Removal :‘Muck-away’ 
Alongside our crushing and screening services, H.J. Bennett is one of the Island’s leading muck-away experts providing an easy solution for suitable disposal of your waste. We can excavate and remove your spoil - typically brick, concrete, hard-core and subsoil for disposal at an appropriate recycling centre or disposal at a licenced tipping facility in our specialist muck away lorries.
 
We hold a waste carriers licence with the Environment Agency to collect and dispose of various types of waste and our expert team can work with you to establish the most appropriate method of disposal for the type of waste you have. We are well placed to help you meet your responsibilities as a waste producer - giving you the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that your waste has been disposed of in a correct and environmentally friendly way.
 
Good to know…  In the last year only 22.86% of all the waste we carried went to landfill. The remaining 77.14% was either recycled or used for licenced restoration projects on the Island.  
 
Road Haulage
Our modern and diverse fleet includes tipper lorries, grab, HI-AB/flatbed and a pick-up truck (hyper link to fleet list) and these combined with our professional team ensures the safe loading and transportation of material and goods including our bulk aggregate bags across the Island.
 

 
As long-standing members of the Road Haulage Association (RHA) we take pride in our work and the reputation we have established for providing high quality road haulage services, something synonymous with the Bennett name for over 100 years.
 
  Great Uncle Joe  


Specialist Road Haulage
Our distinctive and diverse fleet allows us to transport large or awkward loads such as cabins, plant and equipment across the Island.  This, combined with the experience of our team enables us to collect and deliver almost anything on any location of the Island. Please call to discuss your requirements with our friendly team.

 recovery of B-N Islander G-AVCN,
 
H.J. Bennett’s low loader negotiated tricky Bembridge Village centre with ease, July 2010. © Bob Wealthy
with the recovery of B-N Islander G-AVCN, or “Charlie November” the first "Islander" built in Bembridge.
 

Caring for the Island

“We have always found the people at H.J. Bennett Limited to be friendly and helpful, willing to go the extra mile to assist their clients. They have a well presented and diverse fleet of vehicles, able to accommodate your delivery requirements”
Matt Newman, Assistant Branch Manager - Jewson